The structure was built in 1784 as a parochial Uniate church. After accepting an Orthodox priest in 1956, Orthodox services begun. On September 6th, 1983, the temple’s status was changed to a cathedral, and, in 1996, to an archcatherdal. After the death of archbishop Adam in 2016, the seat of the bishop was moved to Gorlice. Inside of the cathedral is a complete iconostasis from the 19th century, baroque side altars from the beginning of the 18th century and a 19th century Magnificent Icon of Virgin Mary of Sanok. There are also figural and ornamental polychromies from the 19th and 20th century.
Next to the cathedral is a free-standing, brick bell tower from 1827 and a tenement built in 1905-8.